Sunday, August 31, 2014

E-100 Krokodil - Heer46 - E100JK


Hello everyone!

So I spent most of my day today teaching a friend of mine how to paint with an airbrush, since he had just purchased one. So I thought I'd might as well just start painting my awesome Krokodil from Heer46.

This kit is simply awesome, the cast is beautiful and everything just looks great and fits together perfectly. I sadly just noticed I have forgotten to remove some flash from the front headlight....which is quite annoying, but will probably fix during my next painting session.


Painting

So basically same procedure as last time. Primer first, then the Dunkelgelb, varnish, mask, paint camo, varnish. Then I masked of some parts to spice up the model a bit more and painted them brown/rusty'ish, then the last layer of varnish of the day.  










I feel like the modulation could have needed a few more highlights, both the dunkelgelb and the green camo. Ah well this was done rather quickly while talking with my mate and showing him stuff.

Day 1 result

The result after a days work. As mentioned earlier the headlight still has some left over resin attached to it....which I know I can't live with and have to fix at some point..... 
The modulation could have been more interesting, a few more highlights wouldn't have hurt it, otherwise very happy with my progress.










Well that's it for now! hopefully I will get some more work done tomorrow unless I decide to paint on my Deathstroke instead :)

Until then.

Chris


4 comments:

  1. Looking good. I might be doing a few of these paint-schemes myself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oustanding work. I cannot wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heresy! I have tried to spice up the modulation slightly but pictures are only on the FB page currently :)

    ReplyDelete