Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Next project! Tiger I and Panther G

Since i finished my first Sherman platoon yesterday, i figured i'd better start on a new project right away. This time i'm going to finish my last Tiger I and Panther G (Dragon 7203 and Dragon 7206) i have made both of them before and you can find post about them in the blog archive under May 2011.

I assembled both of them some time ago and they have just been waiting for paint ever since. I just finished priming them and they are currently drying. No pictures yet, but i will make sure to snap a few when i get back to them for dunkelgelb basecoat.




So i painting them with a basecoat of Dunkelgelb followed by red brown and olive green camo pattern, again i didn't look at any photos to try to recreate an authentic pattern, i just started spraying randomly and this is the outcome.

I'll leave it to dry for a while now and hopefully i might be able to give it the first highlight and wash before i go to bed, so it is ready for completion tomorrow.



*Next day*



Ok so i finished giving both tanks a black wash followed by a drybrush of a light sand'ish color. I then painted all the tools, Panther Wheels, muzzle brake and tracks black and then gunmetal. Tracks and decals was applied and to finish both were giving a layer of matt  varnish.

Here are the pictures of the finished tanks.
I still need to paint my commander for the Panther, but don't have the time for that today, so some other time.








Next project probably 2xStug III or 2xJagdPanther.




Feel free to leave a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment